Hi, hi! We just made our annual pilgrimage to Chicago to visit some buddies. This time our friend Bryan tagged along, so this post is scattered with lots of his awesome photos. Yesssss!
When we are visiting, there never seems to be enough time for all the people we want to see, places we want to go, food we want to eat. It can be quite tricky to narrow down our plan of action to fit into a weekend. Here are some highlights from this year's Chicago to-do list.
1. Eat too much Szechuan food in China Town.
2. Drinks at Owen and Engine.
Owen and Engine were insanely good! We went to this place two night in a row!
3. Crush some Hot Doug's!
4. Visit the Christkindlmarkt, drink Gluhwein out of a boot.
5. Snack break at The Boulangerie.
Cannelles and macarons!
6. Drink ALL of the coffee.
|Bryan and I, cracked out on coffees.|
7. Go to a Bulls Game. We were really stoked about our first NBA game. GO BULLS!
pre-game stoked, post-game stoked (Bulls won!)
8. Visit so many buddies!!!
From top, left: Kurt + Katy / Me + Katy / Corey + Maude / Kurt + Andrew / Me + Beth x 2/
Coffee break at Millennium Park
9. Stay with our pal, Katy. Love on her precious border collies, Charlie and Sadie.
10. Brunch at Jam.
Pink peppercorn and cherry french toast, pork shoulder egg sandwich, quince pancakes.