You may remember my quest to obtain one of those crazy, body-swallowing super scarves. Well, I finally followed through on my threat to knit one of those monsters.
I used a free pattern by Jane Richmond, found on Ravelry, and chose a skein of Burly Spun super bulky wool in cream. This pattern is highly recommended for beginner knitters seeking a quick, satisfying weekend project. It is actually only the 3rd project I've ever finished!
• The super bulky yarn is a perfect match for my gigantic hands.
• I love the texture of the seed stitch. It has been said to resemble popcorn. I'm wearing a veil of popcorn! That's kind of weird, but also kind of delicious.
• I only logged about 2 hours of actual knitting time on this project, but because of my short attention span, I knitted in increments of 5-10 minutes with many non-productive days woven between sessions. So basically, it took me 2 months.
• Although I love the hooded option, I was immediately called a grandma upon showing this handy feature to my co-worker. Despite these allegations, HOODS UP.
• The ball of yarn was strewn all over our condo hundreds of times, thanks to our dog, Harold. He has a cat-like penchant for yarn/ laser pointers/ general destruction/ lasagna.
|Pretty seed stitch.|