Spotify has a more extensive music catalogue compared to other streaming subscription services. There is excellent sound quality, no sound gaps or "buffering" issues and none of the pesky file naming errors ubiquitous with Grooveshark. The program also syncs with your iTunes and you can create collaborative playlists with friends or share through a social networking aspect (facebook integration). The basic program is free, $5 a month for the unlimited ad-free service and $10 a month for the mobile app. I'm pretty keen on it, so far. If this sounds like something you might fancy, go here to sign up. Then check out these rad-ass playlists we've made:
- The all encompassing, ever growing (9+ hours of music) Whirly Bird Soundtrack
- Johanna's Hostile Running Mix - My favorite tunes to break a sweat to, most of which make me feel really awesome about myself.
- Kurt in Space - Music befitting of Kurt in a space suit.
- A Giant Machine That Makes Tiny Doughnuts - I haven't had a doughnut in ages and I've been pestering Kurt to take me to the doughnut store. He made me this playlist to listen to while I eat doughnuts.
- A Robot Having a Good Time - Just what it sounds like.
- Sunday Breakfast - Music for lazy mornings, coffee brewing, ambitious egg-based meals, dogs laying in sunny spots.