1. I have a little golden greyhound on my lapel. Reminds me of this photo. I love that guy.
2. New shoes! I like these Tretorns better than that old Chuck Taylor. They have a daintier shape, which complements my long, skinny feet. They come in pretty neutral colors, like this perfect shade of grey, which complements my milk-white ankles (not pictured).
3. This is a door I walk past nearly every day.
I always take a walk on my lunch hour, even in crumby weather because exercise and fresh air are so energizing, and I return feeling brand new. No one in my downtown ever looks like the people from the Sartorialist. Today I saw three dudes in Carharts sharing a joint, plain as day. I also saw a woman who was taller than me (5'10) but her long legs were skinnier than my arms, spindly and bent funny like a stork's. She was wearing tights as pants, but something was wrong with her in a more than tights-as-pant way. I also saw the old man who owns the army surplus store. He locks up the shop each day to take his little Yorkshire Terrier out to pee. But I didn't see the dog this time, and for a moment I almost cried, because what if his dog died? The dog's name is/was Timex. Here is a picture I took of her, from a past walk two years ago.
4. New project. Burly Spun, in cream. Lookit those fat needles! I feel like I'm knitting with magic markers.
5. My answer to a scratchy throat.
6. Here's my favorite plant. It's skin feel like a peach! It started flowering last week. I'm proud.